Monday, October 13, 2008

Cunts

I am reading a book that is called 'CUNT' So far I really like it. It has me thinking about things that I never thought about before. For example - did you all know that 'vagina' means a sheath for a sword? I think I'd rather have a cunt. In fact, when my daughter starts talking about her 'cliternuts' as she like to call her womanly erectile tissue, I will make sure that cunt is what she will use to refer to her second meatus in her genital area.

Furthermore, she discusses an interview that she had with a woman who must be famous in feminist cicles (as I am clueless as to who she is) about how her aquaintances have 'menarche' parties for their preteens. For the layman, menarche is the term for a womans first mentral cycles. So, the party is focused on the girl. She wears a red dress, has a red cake, presents are presented in red wrapping paper. How wonderful!!

I remember starting my period as extremely embarrassing and something that I didn't want anyone to know about. How wonderful it would be for girls to love their bodies and what having their first period means.

3 comments:

John M. Green said...

You will do what you will do, but referring to that part of your body as such is reprehensible. To be called such is one of the most vile of expressions.

kath said...

Ugh, this is tough. I'm a feminist, and I'm all for normalizing and equalizing, but I'm still really uncomfortable with that word. I think almost everyone would take it the wrong way, if Edith were to start using it as an anatomical description. Just my 2 cents. :)

Genevieve said...

Donovan's older sister used to say "Someday I'm going to bleed out of my cunt just like my mommy" wow, interesting words from a then four year old. Kind of made everyone either laugh at her "cuteness" or shiver with uncomfort.