Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The Soloist

Luth got tickets to see the premier for The Soloist with Jamie Foxx and Robert Downing Jr.. It was pretty good. It reminded me of how much I loved going to the symphony with Uncle John when I was a kid. The move was filled with music. I don't really know how to describe the movie, except that it was interesting. I would definately say to go see it in the theater if you can.

You all know me, so of course I cried. I really felt a sense of kinship (not sure if that is the right word) with the main character Nathaniel. There is a part in the movie when he says he doesn't know why the other guy would want to be friends with a person like him.

I know that is how I feel a lot of the time. It has only been changing in the last few years in college that I feel like people know who I am and still want to be friends with me. There is a part of myself that is always afraid that people are going to see the 'real' me and change their mind. Well, I am the real me all of the time. so they obviously like part of me - probably even most of me.

1 comment:

Genevieve said...

Funny you should mention going to the orchastra with Uncle Johh, that too is a fond memory for me. As is going to the Boston Pops when we lived in New Hampshire. The other day I was listening to a local movie review guy and he was discussing "the soloist" and talked about how the guy played by Rober Downey Jr. is playing with the St. Louis orchestra and is a local guy. I'm not a big fan of Jamie Foxx, but maybe I'll go see the movie.