Saturday, June 20, 2009

packing and stress

I have spent the last two days slowly packing.  I would say that I am now 3/4 of the way done.  It has been difficult this year, because I am only taking one checked bag for each of us.  In the past I have been able to take 2 each, but because of charges, I cannot do that anymore.  So, normally I don't think that it would be a big deal, because I am just taking a bunch of clothes.  This year however, I am taking a bunch of random, large items.  They include:  a juicer, a bread machine, two Bosch power tools, a large knife, finger nail painting supplies, several large jars of peanut butter - and the kitchen sink!  Okay, not the kitchen sink.

Josh is staying at Moises house right now, and has been watching me pack.  He just thinks we are crazy.  He thinks the items that I am packing are totally random and ridiculous.  He would be correct, but it all serves a purpose.  I can only imagine what the customs people will be thinking if I have to open up luggage.

That reminds me of a couple of my teachers who are traveling to Ecuador to set up a nursing opportunity for students.  They asked us to donate bras for the women, because they are expensive and hard to get where there are going in the Amazon.  They also asked for packages of condoms to teach birth control.  I can only image the strange looks that they are going to get if they have to have their bags opened!  I mean, can you imagine, bras and condoms - a whole suitcase full!  Crazy, sluttly, old american women!!! (that is what they will be thinking)

The kids have been driving me absolutely crazy today, and they aren't even misbehaving.  I am just having a really hard time for some reason.  I wonder if I am going to start my period.  I guess it is better to be grumpy than to feel like I want to die - which is how I normally feel at that time of the month.

It is also probably because I am stressed out about leaving the country for two months.  I mean, I don't 'feel' stressed, but I am just feeling out of sorts.  It is also really weird to be finished with school for the time being.  I have gotten so used to hanging out with friends so much, I might be going through friend withdrawal!  Marcella is in San Diego with her family for vacation, and Luth is working full time for the summer.  I tried calling Ana, before school even got out, and I haven't heard back from her.  It is weird having been such good friends and then our friendships growing apart.  I am worried that the same will happen with Marcella and Luth, because Ana and I were together constantly until I went to Mexico last summer.  I guess a lot has changed for both of us.  She stopped going to school and is working full time.  I am still in school and have a crazy schedule.  

I have been going to physical therapy for a couple of months now for the pain in my leg that I have had since the accident.  It got really better for a while, but yesterday and today it is really bothering me, despite doing all of my exercises.  I even went out for a walk with Josh, Molly, Balthezar and Edith.  I hope that it will subside.

No comments: