Tuesday, July 7, 2009

hello?

I am feeling really out of it. I feel like my spanish has gotten really crappy because I am having a hard time keeping up with some conversations. It really bothers me. Then there are the kids who speak to me in english, even though I am trying hard to speak to them in spanish. I am getting a headache from going back and forth between the two. I know that it a couple of weeks it will start to feel okay again. I just have to remind myself in the meantime that my brain will hurt.

I haven´t really done much since I got here. I haven´t gone and visited people. I know I should, I just don´t feel like it. I don´t mean to say that I have to, just that I will feel better if I get out of the house more.

I brought a bread machine with me here. I have been making banana bread, and have even sold a loaf. I think that if they keep on it, they can sell it once I am gone. The problem that I can see, is that they have a hard time keeping up with something. I don´t know if it is because they aren´t interested or if they are lazy, or if they don´t think that it will work out. I brought the nail set with me, and of course I am ready to get to work, but my sister in law´s seem pretty apathetic about it. They seem interested, but not intested enough to find clients, make anouncements and get to work. Maybe I am being to hard on them though. I have only been here a week.

Today I am going matress shopping with my mother in law. Balthezar wants to sleep on his own, so we need a new bed for him. I am happy, because I am not used to sleeping with the kids so it will be really nice to have my space back. The bed that we got is very nice. It even has a really nice base with drawer for clothes. This is the first time that I have been here that I feel like I have a room that is really put together and has everything I need. Even the time that I was here for 6 months I was living out of my suitcase.

1 comment:

Larkann said...

Your own space, cool. I know how it is with "best" intentions. In my mind I had the carpets torn out by now, but here I sit, still organiing things. Don't worry, things will shake out as they are supposed to. They will learn that they cannot live without the bread maker, and the nail customers will come. Hang in there