Saturday, July 11, 2009

Trip to the Dentist

I went to the dentist today. The other day I was flossing and a my filling fell out of my mouth. So I asked where to go to the dentist. Moises has a cousin who is a dentist, but apparently she is really expensive. They told me that there is a girl who recently graduated that is charging a lot less. So Leticia took me to go see her today. She takes me to a store that sells fruits and vegetables and other basic household items. They also sell roasted chicken. She gets the attention of a girl who is loading chicken heads onto a big rotisserie pole and says I want to get seen. The girl gets someone else to finish with the chicken heads and leads me up 2 flights of stairs that are part of the house. On the top floor there is a room with a dentist chair and whatnot. Well, the 'girl' is the dentist! I have an appointment to get the filling replace on monday. She charges $15 for fillings. Nice. I saw that she has an autoclave, so that makes me feel good.

I have felt a bit homesick the past couple of days. So has Balthezar. He broke down crying the other day saying that he wants to go home. He wants to see his friends and family and have everything 'normal' he says. I have felt it a little bit, but have been busy around the house and had my sister in laws over every day, so I have had company.

As always, I feel like I don´t do enough around the house. I know it is wrong, but I just dont think I should have to clean up after all my inlaws. I should do more, but so far, I just don´t want to. I am being lazy maybe and stubborn!

I finished the Twilight series. I do think that it was pretty good. It do get a little annoying with how low of a self esteem Bella has. I don´t like the idea that millions of young girls are reading this series and thinking that true love means that your boyfriend stalks you, won´t let you visit your friends, and in the end, kills you. Yeah, not so much......

1 comment:

Genevieve said...

Wow, I've never read the series, but with the way you've described it, I don't think I want to! I miss you. There have been so many times that I have wanted to call you and haven't been able to.