Saturday, March 28, 2009

sushi and saki

I tried real sushi for the first time ever today. Wow! Yummy! First I had this weird salad made from seaweed and sesame seeds. It looked really weird, like slimy grass. But it was one of the best salads I have ever had. Then the waitress came with our sushi. I had a 6 piece combination with a california roll. So, I have only had california rolls before - but these california rolls were so good! The sushi was just pieces of different kinds of fish on top of a little block of rice. There was salmon and tuna, and several other types of fish. I put that green paste - I forget what it is called. It burns and clears your sinuses. All I can say is wow. I think the tuna was my favorite.

1 comment:

Genevieve said...

Glad you liked it. I had sushi at BYU for one of my History classes. I took a Japanese cultural history class. We all went to my teachers house one night and watch "Shall We Dance" (not the one with Jennifer Lopez) in Japanese and had sushi, calafornia rolls, and other stuff. I didn't much care for the sushi. The calafornia roll on the other hand - YUM!!!!