Friday, March 20, 2009

Time to get out?

I am feeling upset today. It is my own fault. I had my visiting teachers come over. For those who don't know, it is a couple of women from the mormon church who come over and visit for a bit and share a short gospel lesson. I have been open to it in the past. I like my visiting teacher.

I think it is probably time to let them know that I am out. Like - not interested. How does one do that nicely. I am assuming that maybe the next time she calls I will say that she doesn't need to visit me anymore. It will save her time and mine.

I only say this because my visiting teachers came over, one of them happens to be the relief society president. She got out the church magazine, called the Ensign and wanted to talk about families. She started by saying something about how people are trying to destroy the family, and brought up proposition 8. I told her that she had better not start that discussion with me because it wasn't a good idea. They both then looked really uncomfortable and talked about doing our best for our families and how we need to do our civic duty to keep families save.

Anyhow, now I am just feeling unsettled. The last time she came over, she asked what she could do to get me back at church. I said that there probably wasn't anything. I didn't go into detail. I don't know why I can't say - hey, I don't believe in this so stop trying. I probably should. I feel like I am lying to them by letting them come and visit me.

No comments: